Cement for production of concrete with special properties
Cement without additives, CEM I 52,5 R, is obtained through the process of grinding of high quality portland-cement clinker with the optimum amount of gypsum addition. CRH Serbia recommends this type of cement for production of prestressed constructions and concrete elements.
All properties of fresh and hardened concrete are in conformity with approprriate standards and have been confirmed through practice.
- PC 52,5 R
- CEM I 52,5 R
Cement quality Codes and Standards
Cement CEM I 52,5 R – properties
- High early strengths
- Excellent final strengths
- Compatible with chemical additives
- Enables faster construction, with reduced production costs
- Enables efficient usage of chemical additives, resulting in enhanced properties of fresh and hardened concrete (reduced water quantity, better fluidity, frost and salt resistance, etc.)
- Good plasticity and workability of fresh concrete
- Uniform quality
- Optimum specific surface area
- Optimum fineness of grind
- Uniform light colour
Application of cement type CEM I 52,5 R
- Production of superplasticized high strength concrete HPC under preassure (High Performance Concrete) > 70MPa
- Production of prestressed constructions and concrete components. Production of concrete components requiring fast dismantling i.e. fast stripping of forms
- Production of concrete precasts, i.e. concrete poles, kerbs, railway sleepers, roof construction beams, beams for halls and crane paths, etc.
- Production of concrete slabs for landscaping
- Production of lightweight concrete, also known as cellular or porous concrete; aerated concrete and foam concrete
- Production of various products made of concrete
Application of concrete made with CEM I 52,5 R
CRH Serbia had conducted testing of concrete made with cement type CEM I 52,5 R. On the basis of the testing results of concrete made with cement type CEM I 52,5 R, we have come to the following conclusions:
- Projected and tested concrete mixtures have good plasticity and workability;
- In regard to compressive strength, they satisfy requirements typical for specific projected brand and concrete type;
- Resistance of hardened concrete made with portland cement type CEM I 52,5 R to frost and salts can be achieved through aeration of concrete by adding to the mix an optimum quantity of air entrainers in order to create/ sufficient number of air pores;
- Compressive strengths of less than 45 MPa, with good workability, can be achieved with portland cement type CEM I 52,5 R even without chemical additives;
- Compressive strengths of more than 45 MPa, with good workability, can be achieved with portland cement CEM I 52,5 R by introduction of additives such as plasticizers and superplasticizers;
- HPC (High Performance Concrete) with portland cement CEM I 52,5 R, with comprehensive strenght of more than 70 MPa and good workability, can be obtained through a proper selection of high-quality aggregates with the combination of natural and crushed eruptive stone and application of superplasticizer additives.
For further information or assistance regarding the usage of our products, feel free to contact us at 0800 325 425